By Manfred Görlach
Within the nineteenth century, schooling grew to become obtainable to a lot wider circles of society in an exceptional quantity and diversity of faculties and the educating of grammar got here to be compulsory from 1870/72 with the arrival of normal schooling. while those common developments of the nineteenth century are famous to students operating in numerous disciplines of social heritage, and the heritage of schooling specifically, it's nonetheless real that significant sections of the facts are mostly uncollected. this is often in particular so for faculty books: there's nearly a spot among the 18th century and the current grammatical tradition.
This bibliography lists a few 1930 works on English grammar released within the nineteenth century, in general in Britain and the united states, half that are observed by way of brief descriptions in their actual makeup, content material and association.
Read Online or Download An Annotated Bibliography of Nineteenth-Century Grammars of English PDF
Best bibliographies & indexes books
This reference advisor presents a one-stop resource for African stories learn often within the humanities and social sciences. it really is meant for college kids, academics, librarians, informal inquirers, and severe researchers who're delving into unknown territory. The introductory sections conceal African reports indexes, bibliographies, handbooks, publications and directories in addition to digital assets and web websites.
Now, eventually, there's a accomplished and readable advisor designed to aid librarians, students, and most of the people quick locate the criminal info they wish. whereas such a lot criminal study books concentrate on the wishes of starting legislations scholars or litigants, criminal info takes a broader view of the legislations, together with its price in different disciplines.
A list of the Manuscripts of Christiaan Huygens inventories all recognized manuscripts written by way of Christiaan Huygens , all letters to or from him, plus family members papers at UB Leiden. It additionally offers whole manuscript citations for Oeuvres Complètes .
- Origins of economic thought and justice
- Husserl, Heidegger and the Crisis of Philosophical Responsibility
- The 100 Best Business Books of All Time: What They Say, Why They Matter, and How They Can Help You
- The Prevention and Intervention of Genocide: An Annotated Bibliography
- Moritz Schlick: Erkenntnistheoretische Schriften 1926–1936
Extra resources for An Annotated Bibliography of Nineteenth-Century Grammars of English
96. Barnes, William (Dorsetshire poet, 1801-1886). 1840. An investigation of the laws of case in language, exhibited in a system of natural cases; with some observations on prepositions, tense, and voiced, being, as it is conceived, the first step towards a system of universal grammar. Lon don: Longman/Whittaker/Hamilton & Adams. 18x10, 49pp. ] 97. —. 1842. The elements of English grammar, with a set of questions and exercises. London/Dorchester: Longman. 15cm, viii+112pp. ] 98. —. 1854. A philological grammar, grounded upon English, and formed from a comparison of more than sixty languages.
By an experienced reader ... Philadelphia: Massey & Boate. 15cm, 88pp. $ Anon. 1869. An analytical and practical grammar of the English language: with an appendix on prosody, punctuation, etc. (Canadian Na tional Series of School Books). Ontario: the Council of Public Instruction of Ontario. 18cm, 213pp. ($) 42. Anderson, Robert (Headmaster of the Normal Institution, Edinburgh). 1869. The scholar's book of English: a handbook of grammar and etymology. Edinburgh: J. Thin & Co. / London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co.
Anr. ed. H. Collard, pr. by Pike & Philip for the South African College / Edinburgh: J. Johnstone 19cm, viii+272pp. (@)). ($@L) 17. Anon. . Advanced English grammar: preceded by a sketch of the history of the English language. For the use of the higher forms of middle-class schools, pupil teachers, and students in training colleges. (Blackie's Comprehensive School Series). London: Blackie. 5x11, 160pp. (@ L O) [OESP, detailed and very traditional account, with various excursions. Advertisements at end also mention related works: [Blackie's] Elementary English grammar.
An Annotated Bibliography of Nineteenth-Century Grammars of English by Manfred Görlach