Gaming news is always very exciting and June is usually a month swamped with it. This year is no different with the many presentations that are happening. Summer Games Fest hosted by Geoff Keighley and E3 are coming up soon and there are many things that I want to see from a lot of different publishers. Do I know what we are going to get for announcements? Of course not. However, predictions are always fun to do and I enjoy seeing if I am close at all. So below is a list of titles or franchises that I believe will show up at either Summer Games Fest or E3 2021, or are just wild guesses at things that I would love to see. Please note that the order of the titles does not what represent the order that I believe the things would be, just what is in the show.
Summer Games Fest – June 10th @ 11am PT / 2pm ET
Honestly, The Game Awards show in 2020 was very lacking in terms of huge announcements and in all honesty, I kind of expect the same kind of thing here unfortunately. There is a massive list of developers that are part of the overall SGF, but does that mean we get everything all at the opening live show, no. I do have hope that it will be great, but I unfortunately don’t have a massive hope for the show. I don’t know what to expect as there will probably be loads of new announcements/world premieres along with lots of trailers showcasing games that have already been announced. I seriously hope they have less “advertisements” than what they had at The Game Awards in December 2020 since those got very old very quickly. I also hope there is no animated short for 10 minutes, which happened at The Game Awards and made the show drag on. Honestly, I am hopeful it will be good, but am very cautious about what is really going to be shown here. Geoff has a hand in a lot of the games industry so maybe there will be massive announcements that people have been waiting for.
Ubisoft Forward – June 12th @ 12pm PT / 3pm ET
Ubisoft is a company that I love to hate. A lot of their games, I personally do not love a whole lot of games by them but will play them from time to time, when they are interesting to me. This is probably going to be one of the shows that doesn’t interest me a whole lot but hopefully there is something there that is interesting to me.
- Something with the Rabbids IP – possibly a new Mario+Rabbids Game – releasing 2022
- New game involving the Rayman IP – releasing Summer 2022
- Far Cry 6 news – releasing October 7, 2021
- Skull and Bones new teaser update – no date
- Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake – releasing December 2021
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 update – no date
- Rainbow Six new game – releasing November 2021
- Republic Riders update – releasing Summer 2022
- Just Dance – releasing September/October 2021
- Updates to current games out
- Movies/TV shows have confirmed to be here as well
Devolver Digital – June 12th @ 1:30pm PT / 4:30pm ET
Indie companies don’t always get a massive spotlight but Devolver Digital is becoming much bigger and bigger over time and the amount of titles that they put out are impressive. Some of the titles don’t necessarily impress me at all but then others have been absolutely stunning, such as The Messenger, Katana Zero, and Carrion. They are always the craziest when it comes to the presentations they do, so it will be interesting to see what they bring this year.
- Loop Hero gets a port announced and is heading to Nintendo Switch
- Katana Zero’s DLC finally get showcased and is massive
- Card Shark gets a new trailer
- New trailer for Shadow Warrior 3
- Boomerang X gets a release date
- Carrion DLC or sequel
- Death’s Door gets a release date trailer
- New Phantom Abyss trailer
- New Announcements
- Off the walls presentation as a whole
Xbox/Bethesda Games Showcase – June 13 @ 10am PT / 1pm ET
I personally do not have a huge interest in Bethesda games since I do not play first person shooter titles and that’s mostly what they have created in the past. Xbox has a few games that I am interested in learning more about and with the loads of studios and IPs that they have, many things are possible.
- Fable is NOT going to be there
- Perfect Dark is NOT going to be there
- A new acquisition will be getting announced
- Rare will showcase more of Everwild but still no release date
- Next update to Sea of Thieves
- Next update to Grounded
- Halo will have a large amount of gameplay shown along with new visuals – releasing November 2021
- Forza will be shown with a September/October release date
- Hellblade II: Senua’s Saga will get a new trailer but no release date
- Ninja Theory’s other project, Project Mara, will also get a trailer
- Big time gamepass lineup announcement
- Psychonauts 2 trailer – release September 2021
- 3rd party world premieres / exclusives
- Avowed will get a new trailer – launching 2022
- State of Decay 3 will be there with a new trailer but no date
- Bethesda’s Indiana Jones game will be showcased as a new teaser but no release date
- Starfield will get showcased – launching Fall 2022
- 1-2 new bethesda game studio announcements without release dates
- 1-2 new xbox game studios announcements without release dates
Square Enix Presents – June 13 @ 12:15pm PT / 3:15pm ET
Square Enix is an interesting one since they have loads of IPs that they can go back to and grab to work on. I am hoping that there is more than what they had back in the Spring 2021 showcase. The lack of Japanese developed games were really disappointing last time and I am hoping that they have a lot more in this one.
- Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 gets ported to Nintendo Switch with a release in 2022. KH2.8 and KH3 does not get that announcement.
- Babylon’s Fall gets a large showcase with a release next year
- Marvel’s Avengers’ Black Panther Expansion: War for Wakanda gets unveiled more with a release this August
- Life is Strange: True Colors gets more gameplay showcased – release is September 10, 2021
- Life is Strange remastered collection also gets showcased – releasing October 2021
- 2 new announcements
- 1 new announcement has been confirmed to be Eidos-Montreal (considering the anniversary, it will probably be the next Tomb Raider game) – releasing March 2022
- 1 will be a teaser for the next game in the Kingdom Hearts IP, 20th anniversary is next year so now is a great time to do it.
- Mobile game updates
- Nothing in the DQ series will be here.
- Forespoken gets a little more information – releasing 2022
- New update for Outriders
- Final Fantasy will be there in some shape or form.
- The game that Forever Entertainment is working on with the unknown Square Enix IP will also be unveiled here – release in 2022
Limited Run Games E3 2021 – June 14th @ 1pm PT / 4pm ET
There will be more than 25 announcements at this showcase. This is only some of what they could announce and some of these probably won’t happen but would love to see some of them as I have been holding out buying the digital versions of them. I wonder what games they will have since some of them would be absolutely awesome to own a physical.
- Cyber Shadow (Switch/PS4/PS5)
- Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown (PS4)
- Katana Zero (Switch)
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS4/PS5)
- Nintendo Published game(s): Good Job, The Stretchers, and/or Famicom Detective Club (Switch)
- Sludge Life (Switch)
- Save me Mr. Tako Definitive Edition (Switch)
- Fez (Switch)
- Narita Boy (PS4/Switch)
- Ghost ‘n Goblins: Resurrection (PS4/Switch)
- Cuphead (Switch)
- Ninja Gaiden Master Collection (PS4/Switch)
- Lego Builder’s Journey (Switch)
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol (PS4/Switch)
- House of the Dead Remake (Switch)
- Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance (Switch/PS4/PS5)
- Baldo (Switch)
- Oxenfree II: Lost Signals (Switch)
- Spelunky 2 (Switch)
- GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon (Switch)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge (Switch)
Nintendo Direct / Treehouse – June 15 @ 9am PT / 12pm ET
This one is more of a mixture of wildcard predictions and hopes along with things that are most likely going to be shown. Nintendo is a wildcard kind of thing where they can pull something from left field and shock the world. Who really knows what will be shown to us by them in their 40 minute direct and maybe even something will be announced during approximate 3 hour Nintendo Treehouse that will follow the direct.
- New Fire Emblem or port of an older one – releasing September 2021
- DLC trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity – June 2021 and November 2021
- New trailer for No More Heroes 3 – releasing August 27, 2021
- DLC announced for Mario Golf: Super Rush in the style of Mario Tennis Aces with new characters added over time.
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate new character reveal: third party character – releasing later in the week after a “Sakurai Presents”
- A new Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Pokemon Shining Pearl trailer showcasing the game more – releasing November 19, 2021
- New trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – July 16, 2021
- Monolith Soft’s new game teaser – releasing 2022
- New crossover with Koei Tecmo and the Warriors franchise with the Xenoblade IP – releasing 2022
- New SMTV trailer- releasing 2021
- Something from Platinum Games – releasing October 2021
- Project Triangle Strategy update – releasing Summer 2022
- New metroid game announced for October 2021 release and/or small teaser update for Metroid Prime 4 with no release date
- Compilation of older Gameboy/GBA Zelda games in a collection- releasing August 2021
- No Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD, and no mention of The Legend of Zelda: BotW Sequel as a different event will cover these later in the year.
- 3rd party sizzle reel with at least one new announcement sneaked in there
- An old dormant Nintendo IP is coming back – releasing 2022
- New Kirby Game – releasing 2022
- Capcom exclusive, possibly timed, of an older IP- releasing 2022
- Either a DLC pack for Super Mario Party or a brand new title in the Mario Party franchise – releasing October 2021
- An Xbox Game Studios game coming to switch that is a bigger IP than Cuphead/Ori – 2021
As of this writing and publication, E3 has stated that there will be events on Monday June 14th that feature Capcom and Take Two, but neither of those have times attached to it yet so its not on the predictions list here. There is also something on Tuesday June 15th that is Bandai Namco related but is also not timed as of now. All three of these would be hard to predict but maybe Bandai announces the long waited Elden Ring at this time frame, assuming that it is an actual showcase and not just tie ins to other presentations. Last year we did not have E3 and the announcements were over a very large span that I didn’t like since it was unpredictable. Even now, EA Play is not happening in June and that is not until July. Now we have E3 week back again, even if it’s digital, and there is a lot of announcements for many different developers and publishers and thats exciting. Summer Games Fest is also back with a main opening showcase where lots of different announcements are going to take place. Gamers should get ready, because there is a lot of information coming very soon!